Often when churches encourage others to “get involved," they immediately focus on specific opportunities for service. While we do need people to help us with childcare, set-up for worship gatherings, and greet people this is not the first way to get involved at Agapé Chicago. Instead, we want to get to know you and connect with you. Our two main venues for connection are Agapé Communities and Worship Gatherings:
Welcome to Agapé we would love to meet you.
- Attend a worship gathering.
- Hang out after the service for coffee.
- Contact us to have someone meet with you.
- Attend one of our upcoming events.
To get to know you, we often host meals to eat with you.
- Come and enjoy a free new-comers brunch, lunch, or dinner.
- Hang out after the worship gathering for lunch one Sunday, a group will be going out to eat.
On the journey of life, we give space to digest how God is moving in your life.
- Join the journey of one of our Agapé Communities.
- Visit one of our membership classes.
- Set-up a member interview.
- Join us during one our community service projects.
Through relationship, we partner to grow in understanding God’s love.
- Interview with our leadership about becoming a member.
- Get involved with one of our roots groups
- Ask difficult questions and explore hard truths (who knows it might be answered on our blog?)
- Learn how Jesus equips you to mature
As we hosted you, we help you host others to feed on the truth of God’s love.
- Everyone should be in community using their gifts to build up others.
- Eventually every believer should be able to help others feast on the love of Jesus.
- Learn what the truth is and how to tell the truth
- Begin to share not just what you know but your very life with others
We are now gathering regularly to worship the Lord Jesus Christ, every Sunday at 11 a.m. at the Loyola Park Field House, 1230 W Greenleaf Ave, Chicago, IL, 60626.